Saturday, November 1, 2008

Solids & Teething


I started Faith on solids a few weeks ago. Banana's, apples, avacodos & now she's on carrots. Carrots are the first spoon fed solids though. Everything else has been through a little mesh feeder thingy that I bought at toy's r us. She loves food that's for sure. She sees me with her spoon and starts going nuts. I'm going to do sweet potatoes next week. Hopefully she'll get some meat on her bones. She's 5mos and just now growing out of 3mo clothing. She only fits in 3-6mo right now. So...at 7 mos (Christmas) will she fit into 6mo clothing??? Christmas is going to be so much fun with her.

For the past 2 weeks I have had the hunch that Faith has been teething. This morning my hunch was confirmed. I looked into her mouth and saw 2 little white specks shinning back at me. My little baby girl is getting teeth!!! Part of me is so excited, but the other part of me is almost sad. Is she still going to have the cute baby face? What about her smile. The toothless grin is so captivating...how are teeth going to affect that. She'll still be gorgeous of course. There's no question about that! LOL!!!! Can you tell I'm a proud momma! My house is a wreck of course. Since she has been so fussy and what not I have not gotten a thing done. It wouldn't be so bad if Mike were on his regular schedule, but he has been home all week so I have had to cook every day too. Oh well, time to go clean now that Faith is napping.

So...when do I get my nap!?!?!?!?!?!?

1 comment:

Jason Roark said...

she is so beautiful like her momma! So good to see you and your family. You all look wonderful. Faith is gorgeous. Our josiah has been in the 5th percentile for weight and height his whole life. It just means they are going to be more spunky!