Thursday, March 13, 2008

There's no way...You're so small!!!


That is what I keep hearing when I say I'm 8mos preggers. The grocery store clerk, the random stranger that asks about the baby, the waitress, my friends....it seriously doesn't stop.

I am just a few days shy of being 32 weeks pregnant. I still look the same as when I first started to look pregnant at 22 weeks. I plan on buying batteries for my camera tomorrow night to finally take an updated picture. All of the comments that I got were starting to get a little unnerving so at my last appt. I asked Rachel if Faith was growing okay, and if there was anything to be concerned about. She said everything was great and that in response to those comments I should just say that I am one of the lucky ones.

I feel very lucky. Faith is growing, I'm healthy, I've had no complications that a Chiropractic adjustment couldn't fix, and my body is handling pregnancy so well. It amazes me how different everyone is. I feel very blessed and fortunate that God has given me such a great experience. But then on the other hand I feel guilty about it when I am around those that I know have had or are experiencing difficult pregnancies. No one makes me feel guilty; other than the occasional "I hate you" comment that I recieve in jest. But I find myself not giving as much detail about how great things are when I am speaking with particular people.

Oh well, I can feel my stomach stretching ad her growing, so I am sure that those "small" comments will cease!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

You're in the home stretch now! Can't wait to hear the good news of her arrival!