Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Heartbeat!!!

A prego shirt I found on cafepress.com...it made me laugh. :)


Well, I got to hear our little ones heartbeat on Tuesday morning. It was the most amazing sound, and of course I cried. If you really know me than you aren't surprised by that! :) I knew that I would probably hear it, and I have heard the heartbeat of unborn babies before, but this was just different. We first heard my heartbeat, and then she moved the Doppler a hair to the left and there was the baby's heartbeat. We could hear both of them at the same time. Mine was a slow beat, the baby's was strong and fast. I thought the first ultrasound made it real, but no....the heartbeat is it....hearing the heartbeat for the first time...that's what makes it real.
You see, I guess because I have had such an easy pregnancy that sometimes I forget that I am actually pregnant. I know it sounds crazy, but I've had no morning sickness, no nausea of significance, and my stomach still just looks like I'm bloated. So, I can sometimes be a space cadet about what is actually going on in my body, and forget that God is forming a living human being whom He has entrusted to our care. Yeah...I know....how in the world can I not think about that every waking minute of every day!!!! Like I said...Space Cadet!

1 comment:

Momof2crazyboys said...

This is totally normal. I remember feeling that way since I had no morning sickness either and I was just talking to a friend of mine who is pregnant and she was telling me how she sometimes forgets she is pregnant. Give it time and you will definately not be able to forget. :)