Thursday, November 15, 2007

I'm going to have a baby!

I was watching Private Practice last night and the whole show was on labor and delivery. I was watching everything with no particular thought, except for critiquing the acting, until the end. It was a strange reaction I must say. I have always seen babies and loved to hold them and play with them, and LOVED the idea of one day having one of my own. Well, this was a new thought and associated emotion that I experienced. I was looking at the new moms holding the babies and all of the sudden it occured to me....I am going to have one of my own in 6 months.

6 MONTHS!!!!!!!

I started to cry and dream about what they would look like. How God will chose to combine Mike's genes with mine. What the labor will be like, and how our lives will change. And the cool thing is, none of it scared me. I am looking forward to the experience. I want to know what it is to feel the pain of labor, and the joy of holding our baby for the first time. I want the exhaustion of waking up multiple times a night for feeding, and all of the sudden having this new person that I have to schedule my life with. And not around. I think so many mothers miss the boat on this. They see a child as a hinderance to living. That their life just got that much more complicated. That's not how God intended it to be. A new child is a blessing, and no one should ever feel any different!!!

For those of you that don't know I plan to go all natural. No drugs. No epidural. No cutting. ALL NATURAL BABY!!! For those that know me it is not a surprise. Please begin now to pray for my baby's arrival. That it will be not be pain free, but that it will be free of complications. God is our designer and creator and he designed women to deliver babies.

My purpose in life has now become clear. I have never been extatic about a job. I love my current job, and have had a few in the past that I enjoyed as well, but I never felt the "BINGO! That's what I am supposed to be doing!!" feeling when thinking about a career.

Being a wife and mom....that's what I am supposed to do! That is what feels right! That is where God wants me!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Great post Krista! You'll be a great mother! You can definitely go natural! It's all about relaxation and positive thoughts. I did it with all three and if I can do it you can too!